Puer Tea Brick
What is Pu-erh Tea Brick & What are the health benefits?
1. What is Pu-erh Tea Brick?
Pu-erh tea is a special kind of fermented tea and the process is to first let it ferment and then compress into Tea Brick. Its purpose is to store the tea without losing any of its good properties. In this way, it can be preserved for a long period of time.
Raw Pu-erh tea brick and aged Pu-erh tea brick are two forms of Brick, which is comparable to Pu-erh Tea Cake.
2. History of Pu-erh Tea Brick
The most famous place where Pu-erh Tea Brick originated was Yunnan Province in China, which has been producing this type of tea since the Tang and Song Dynasties (8-13th century). It reached its peak during the Ming and Qing dynasties (16-20th century) when many historical records were kept about Pu-erh Tea Brick's health benefits.
3. What are the Health Benefits of Pu-erh Tea Brick?
Pu-erh Tea has 4 main functions:
1) To help digestion
Pu-erh tea is rich in fiber which can help the stomach to remove phlegm and toxins. This will improve your digestive system and allow you to absorb more nutrition.
2) To create a soothing effect during illness or acute disease
During illness or when feeling tired, Pu-erh is believed to have a calming effect on the mind, making it suitable for people who are stressed. It also creates a warm feeling when drank after being sick with fever. The gentle caffeine content promotes blood circulation in the body, facilitating rapid recovery from fatigue caused by physical depletion of exercise or overwork.
3) To make your skin whiter
Pu-erh is also helpful in reducing pigmentation on the skin, making it nicer and cleaner. It can reduce heat in your body which often causes acne or other skin problems.
4) To maintain your weight
Because of its rich antioxidant effects, this tea can help you to control your blood sugar level which is an important benefit for health if you are trying to keep slim. Also, Pu-erh contains fiber that helps stop obesity-related diseases.
4. How to Select a Good Pu-erh Tea Brick?
When choosing a good Pu-erh Tea Brick there are some things you need to take into account:
1) Appearance - most high-quality Pu-erh teas will have a uniform deep red or brown color. Avoid any black spots or any other signs of mold.
2) Aroma - the tea should smell earthy, musty, and woodsy. Avoid any that smell sour or like ammonia.
3) Texture - the tea should be dense and heavy for its size.
4) Taste - the tea should taste earthy, woodsy, and a little bitter. It should not taste sour, metallic, or like plastic.
5) Price - good quality Pu-erh bricks usually cost between $10-$100 per brick. If the price is too low, it's likely that the tea has been processed using harsh chemicals which will compromise its health benefits.
5. How to Brew Pu-erh Tea Brick? Step by Step guide.
To prepare a brewing Pu-erh tea brick, you must first divide the brick into loose tea leaves in advance. Then follow these procedures.
Step 1. Fill a teapot with fresh cold water and bring to a boil, the temperature is about 95 degrees Celsius.
Step 2. Put Pu-erh tea leaves into a teacup or teapot.
Step 3. Steep for 3-5 minutes depending on your preference.
Step 4. Serve and Enjoy!
- Brewing temperature is crucial when it comes to Pu-erh tea. For the best flavor, always try to use water that is just under boiling point, around 95 degrees Celsius.
- The time you steep your Pu-erh tea also affects the taste. For a milder flavor, steep for 3-5 minutes. If you like a stronger flavor, steep for 5-10 minutes.
- You can also reuse the same leaves multiple times to get different flavors each time. Experiment and find what you like the best!
- Use high-quality water, such as spring water or filtered water.
6. Are there different types of Pu-erh Tea Brick?
Yes, there are many different types of Pu-erh tea. There are ripe and raw Pu-erh teas, and each type has its own unique flavor and benefits.
Ripe Pu-erh tea brick is made from fully fermented tea leaves. It has a strong, earthy flavor and is known for its health benefits, such as aiding in weight loss and boosting the immune system.
Raw Pu-erh tea brick is made from unfermented tea leaves. It has a light, refreshing flavor and is known for its detoxifying properties.
There are also many different types of Pu-erh tea brick, each with its own unique flavor and benefits. Some of the most popular types include:
Golden Pu-erh Tea Brick – 滇特金茶
This type is known for its strong flavor and a hint of dry wine. It helps to improve digestion and has a calming effect, making it a great choice before bedtime.
It also strengthens the immune system, increases appetite, and has expectorant properties.
Dahongpao Pu-erh Tea brick – 大虹泡茶砖
This type is known for its complex flavor, smoky fragrance, and soft notes of dried fruit. It's great for digestion, helps fight obesity, and improves blood circulation. It also strengthens the immune system and helps reduce stress levels.
7. How do I store Pu-erh Tea Brick?
It's important to store Pu-erh tea brick in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help keep the flavor and aroma of the tea fresh. Pu-erh tea can also be stored in the refrigerator, which will further help to preserve its flavor and aroma.
Pu-erh tea brick is best stored in an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing other flavors and aromas.
8. How much caffeine is in Pu-erh Tea Brick?
There is no simple answer to this question since the caffeine content of Pu-erh tea brick varies based on the type and how it is brewed. However, on average, Pu-erh tea brick contains around 60 milligrams of caffeine per 8 oz. cup.
9. Are there any side effects to drinking Pu-erh Tea Brick?
Pu-erh tea is generally considered safe to drink. However, some people may experience adverse side effects, such as headaches, dizziness, and nausea. If you're not sure, consult your doctor first.