Subcribe to back in stock notification
|Dry, Refrigerated, No odor, Well-Sealed, Sunshine Shielded, Low Temperature|
What is hojicha tea?
Houjicha is a type of green tea that's distinguished from others because it’s roasted over charcoal while most other types get steamed. The leaves turn reddish-brown as they go through the firing process, which changes their color tint to tints in brown or dark shades depending on how much fire was put under them during roasting.It's often made with the leftover parts of sencha tea plants after they've produced a new batch of premium tea in the spring. Hojicha is known to be delicious when prepared with hot water or in a cold drink.
What are the benefits of hojicha tea?
Hojicha tea is known as "farmers' coffee", as it was originally drunk by people in the countryside. It tastes similar to coffee, but has none of that beverage's harmful ingredients and also provides many health benefits.
The health benefits of hojicha are numerous, here feature the six most popular reasons people enjoy hojicha. (1) It is high in antioxidants, (2) it helps with weight control, (3) it wards off food cravings, (4) it improves skin health, (5) it is good for the heart and blood vessels, and (6) it is a digestive aid.
(1) Hojicha tea has been shown to have two times the antioxidant capacity of green tea. It contains high levels of both catechin polyphenols and caffeine, making it very useful for weight control and aiding in anti-aging.
(2) The caffeine in hojicha tea is metabolized into theophylline, which stimulates the central nervous system to relax muscles in blood vessels without raising heart rate or blood pressure. This helps prevent high blood sugar levels after a meal. As a result, it's beneficial for preventing food cravings, including sweet or fatty foods.
(3) Hojicha tea is very strong and can be brewed with less water than other green teas. The caffeine in it also stimulates the digestive system to produce stomach acid, which aids in digestion and helps remove toxins from your body. As a result, hojicha tea is very useful for keeping your skin clean and helping with weight control.
(4) The high levels of catechins in hojicha tea are known to be good for the heart. They prevent platelets from sticking together, which reduces risk of heart attack or stroke. Hojicha also lowers cholesterol by preventing fat cells from forming.
(5) Because of its caffeine content, hojicha tea is very useful for improving blood flow to the brain. This helps prevent neurological diseases like Alzheimer's disease and dementia. It also protects memory by preventing free radicals from causing damage in the brain.
The caffeine in hojicha also stimulates the neurons in the stomach lining, which helps reduce the chance of developing stomach ulcers. This is particularly helpful for people on blood thinners or who regularly drink too much alcohol, which increases risk of stomach bleeding.
(6) Hojicha tea contains large amounts of chlorophyll and saponins, both of which act as digestive aids. Chlorophyll stimulates the digestive system and relieves constipation. Saponins help control the amount of water absorbed by the intestines, which can lead to a loss of appetite or weight loss. Combined together, these two components help reduce body odor caused by poor digestion.
What does hojicha tea taste like?
Hojicha tea is a Japanese green tea, roasted over charcoal. The taste of this tea has a mellow and slightly sweet flavor. It's not bitter at all and has a very mild astringency that you can easily get used to, if you haven't drunk it before.
It's especially famous on the island of Kyushu where it's being roasted on binchotan, a special variety of white charcoal.
When you brew hojicha tea, the leaves release an amber color. There are many variants available but they all have very similar tastes.
How to make hojicha latte?
Hojicha latte is a blend of hojicha and milk. It's an easy way to try this interesting tea if you haven't drunk it or even heard about it yet.
Brewing hojicha latte is just as simple as brewing any other green tea. Just follow our instructions below:
- Put 0,5 tbsp of hojicha tea in a cup.
- Pour some freshly boiled water over it and let the leaves steep for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 tsp of brown sugar (optional).
- Use a milk frother to mix the tea and milk together. Make sure you get plenty of foam on top of your latte.
We recommend you to drink the tea hot, but if you prefer it cold, pour over ice cubes and enjoy!
How much caffeine in hojicha tea?
The amount of caffeine in roasted hojicha tea is about 1/2 that found in green tea. This makes it easier to drink without worry.
Hojicha Tea - Caffeine Content Different Types Of Caffeine Content Data
The Black Tea - 60mg per cup
The Green Tea - 40mg per cup
The Oolong Tea - 30mg per cup
The White Tea - 20mg per cup
The Pu-Erh Tea - 10mg per cup
Hojicha Tea - 1/2 compared to Green Tea
So enjoy hojicha at any time of the day, whether it's your morning coffee substitute, afternoon pick-me-up or before bed drink.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.