Mint Iced Tea is a refreshing drink that can be enjoyed all year long. This recipe is simple to follow and requires just a few ingredients. So, if you’re looking for an easy way to cool down this summer, give this a try!
What Are The Health Benefits of Mint Iced Tea?
Mint is an adaptogenic herb, which means it balances different activities in the body. Drinking on a regular basis can help with issues including menstrual cramps, headaches, and even sore throats. Mint can also provide relief from heartburn and indigestion. Here below are the health benefits offered by Mint Iced Tea:
- Adaptogenic Harmony: Mint stands as an adaptogenic powerhouse, skillfully balancing diverse bodily functions. Regular consumption of mint iced tea extends its supportive touch to alleviate issues like menstrual cramps, headaches, and sore throats.
- Digestive Comfort: Mint’s natural properties extend their embrace to aid digestion. Indulge in experiencing relief from discomforts such as heartburn and indigestion, making it a soothing choice after meals.
- Immune Ally: Rich in antioxidants, mint contributes to bolstering your immune system, providing a defense against common ailments, and promoting overall well-being.
- Stress Easer: Sip on to tap into its calming effects, which can help reduce stress and anxiety, allowing you to unwind and find serenity in every sip.
How To Make Mint Iced Tea
1. To begin, gather 1 quart of water and place it in a pot over high heat. Add 10 sprigs of fresh mint to the pot and bring the water to a boil. This helps the mint release its flavor into the tea. Once boiling, turn off the heat and let it sit for 20 minutes so that all of the tea’s flavor is brought out.
2. After the 20 minutes have passed, strain the tea into a pitcher through a fine strainer to remove all of the mint leaves and any large particles that may still remain. Now, add 1 cup of sugar to the tea and stir it well until all of the sugar dissolves. This step is important because the sugar will help to cool down the tea when it is added to 6 cups of ice.
3. Pour 6 cups of ice into a pitcher and stir in the tea for about 5 minutes until it’s thoroughly chilled. Finally, pour the Mint Iced Tea into a glasses mug filled with ice cubes, garnish with fresh mint leaves, and serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy this mint iced tea recipe!